Owner and Data Controller
Caroline O’Connor, 6 Avondale Mews, Church Rd, Passage West, Co.Cork
Types of Data Collected by Solid Start
For the purposes of providing treatment, Solid Start may require detailed medical information. We will only collect what is relevant and necessary for your treatment. When you attend a consultation with us, we will make notes which may include details concerning your medication, treatment and other issues affecting your health. This data is always held securely, is not shared with anyone not involved in your treatment. To be able to process your personal data it is a condition of any treatment that you give your explicit consent to allow Solid Start to document and process your personal medical data (you will opt into this on your patient form sent by email to you before your appointment). Contact details provided by you such as telephone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses may be used to remind you of future appointments and provide reports or other information concerning your treatment.
Solid Start may also use the contact details provided by you (either through our website or through a third party referrer) to respond to your enquiries, including making telephone contact and emailing information to you regarding your consultation or attendance at one of our classes.
In signing up to Solid Start’s email newsletter you consent to Solid Start maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any time) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. Solid Start will not broker your data and you can ask to be removed from our marketing database by emailing us or unsubscribing. This newsletter email database and the class attendee email addresses and names are held by MailChimp (The Rocket Science Group, LLC.). You can view their privacy statement on their website.
Some basic personal data may be collected about you from the marketing forms and surveys you complete and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to, personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
The Solid Start website uses Google Analytics (Google Inc.)Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Solid Start will only collect the information needed so that we can provide you with the services you require, the business does not sell or broker your data. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
The use of the collected Data
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow Solid Start to provide its services, as well as for the following purposes: Analytics, Contacting the User and Displaying content from external platforms, Managing contacts and sending messages and Platform services and hosting.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Solid Start processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by using the postal, email address or telephone number provided at the end of this Privacy Notice or by unsubscribing from our newsletter.
Solid Start will keep your personal information safe and secure, only staff engaged in providing a service to you will have access to your patient records or personal information. Solid Start will not disclose your Personal Information unless compelled to, in order to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental requests. Solid Start may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of its staff.
Solid Start will process personal data during the duration of any treatment and will continue to store only the personal data needed for eight years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After eight years all personal data will be deleted, unless basic information needs to be retained by us to meet our future obligations to you, such as erasure details. Records concerning minors who have received treatment will be retained until the child has reached the age of 25.
All Data is held in republic of Ireland. Soild Start does not store personal data outside the EEA. Solid Start processes the Data of Users in a proper manner and shall take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst Solid Start is in possession of, or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Solid Start refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge. At your request Solid Start can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Solid Start) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Solid Start and information about these interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erasure, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
Solid Start will accept the following forms of identification (ID) when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Osteopaths is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released. All requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 353 (0)761 104 800 or writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Solid Start you have the right to complain to us. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the ICO.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Data protection commissioner, 21 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2, Ireland D02 RD28