Suitable for the whole family
Add some salt for adults or older children, if you like!
How to serve
- With chia jam
- With mashed fruit
- With soft, ripe fruit finger food
- With whole, natural or Greek Yogurt mixed with a little smooth nut butter
These freeze well. Layer on a baking tray and freeze. When frozen you can pop into a freezer bag or box.
What you’ll need
- Two eggs
- 1/2 cup of cooked mashed sweet potato. The easiest way to cook this is in the microwave
- 1/4 cup Ready Brek or instant oat cereal. These products are fortified with iron making them a great alternative to flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- A little rapeseed oil for frying
What to do
- Mix the eggs with the sweet potato.
- Add the Ready Brek, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over a medium/high heat.
- Spoon one-two tablespoons of the mixture into the pan (these work best as small pancakes).
- Turn the heat to medium/low and cook for around two minutes.
- Flip and heat until cooked through.